Pink Paper Princess

Monday, June 17, 2013

Sketch Challenge and Tutorial

 
The sketch is up at http://mycreativesketches.blogspot.com/!! 
 
Here is the yummy prize for the winner!!
 
 
It was a lot of fun to work with!  I love when I get the chance to add circles to my layouts :)
 
Here is what I created, everything I used came from the June Album kit! 
 
I also have a tutorial on how I created the flowers!

 
"I really wanted to add a few flowers to my layout... I needed them to be masculine since the layout was about my husband and little boy!

I decided to make them with the corrugated paper that comes in the kit!

I traced two of the canvas flowers (that are included in the kit) on the back of the corrugated paper and cut them out.



I distressed the edges with my distress tool.


I ran a colored ink over the top of the flower.


I cut the trim into 4 inch sections.


I rolled the trim and glued it at the end.



I adhered the two layers of the flower together and the trim on top. I also inked the edges with brown ink."

 
 
 
Thanks for stopping by!

No comments:

Post a Comment